Foster duties include:
- Answering phone calls of people interested in adopting the dog in your possession.
- Bringing dogs to adoption outreaches on Saturdays (3 Saturdays per month). This will include helping with the outreaches.
- Doing a home visit if your dog is adopted through the adoption outreach.
- Paying for food. (The rescue attempts to help with this expense but cannot guarantee this is possible monthly.)
- Meeting interested people at designated place to allow them to meet your foster.
Once you have filled out and returned this application a Because of You Chihuahua Rescue representative will contact you regarding your application. Thank you for your interest in becoming a Because of You Chihuahua Rescue foster parent.
Please note that because of the limited space available in foster homes, BOYCR cannot swap dog(s) between foster homes. If you agree to foster for BOYCR that means we are pulling said dog from a shelter or bad situation to put into your foster home, only because you have agreed to foster the said dog. We do not expect you to keep a dog that becomes aggressive or bites! If that situation was to come up, then BOYCR must be contacted immediately to remove the said dog.